Tuesday, December 19, 2006

X-c eve

I got the butterflies around 4 this afternoon. Don't know why. When I think about the trip, I'm good, I feel prepared. When I'm not thinking about it, I get anxious. WTF?

Weather for tomorrow is looking really nice. 55 degrees, 6-8 kt winds on the ground, no turbulence predicted...

If the winds aloft hold as predicted, the first leg looks like it will be shortened a little, thanks to a tailwind. The second leg will be drawn out. The third leg will be very, very fast.

The only thing that looks a bit questionable is that there's a NOTAM saying the V-042 airway from the LVL VOR to the DALTO intersection is unusable. I was planning to depart LVL along that route, then a few miles past DALTO turn up toward the Flat Rock VOR. I'll probably try it and see how it does, but that airway has an opposite end at the RIC VOR, so that may do as a replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment