Sunday, December 17, 2006

Just call me crUZA

Oh that was bad. That's my mother's sense of humor coming out.

Husband has decreed that I'll be the "acting" PIC (without of course being PIC since I'm just a lowly student) on the trip to SC, destination airport KUZA. I get the left seat, and he's going to be the "pilot not flying" and will do as much or as little as I ask him to do.

I am going to plan this trip. I had said previously that I wasn't going to, but I am. I just got to thinking that it would be a massive opportunity to miss if I don't. KUZA is just on the other side of Charlotte, outside of Bravo airspace but under one of the layers of its inverted wedding cake. It requires us to skirt parts of the airspace a little and make sure we are low enough at various points to be clear. I know Husband talked to CLT last time we went, but I don't know whether it was actually required, since we weren't coming into it; maybe it was just because flight-following handed us off. Other than that, it's 2+ hours of straight and level.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, we don't have to talk to them - I was doing that since we were on flight following. It's good to do though because they can help us look for traffic around that busy airspace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife hates it when I don't have flight following but there are times when I just like to sit in silence (I do have approach/center tuned in) and enjoy the world going by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul -- that's funny that you see it that way! Husband was just remarking to me this morning that he'd rather be doing flight following than have to listen to all the chatter on local frequencies as we go along!

    ReplyDelete