Friday, January 19, 2007

Written exam... check!

[Update: The missed question...]

I took the written this afternoon, and got a 97! I missed a question about minimum height AGL for flying over a wildlife refuge; I answered 2500', but the correct answer is 2000'. So I'd add some extra buffer for the cuddly bunnies and badgers, I can live with missing that question.

Super special thanks to Husband who quizzed me on the meteorology stuff on the way to the testing center since that was the section I studied least recently. The vast majority of the questions on today's test had to do with weather! Can you believe it?! Opposite-Murphy's Law, I reckon...

If you're in this area, be advised: the LaserGrade testing fee at Hampton University's Department of Aviation is $60, as compared to the apparently standard fee of $90.

Yay! :)

Now for the oral test practice, after a good rest...

8 comments:

  1. Outstanding! Great work, keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work K ! That's an amazing mark too! I guess all that worrying and diligence paid off :)


    Can't wait to read the next flight brief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!! Congrats and great score!

    Cheers,
    BC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, fellas! :)

    (Next flight brief coming today, hopefully, to recount last Wednesday night's completion of the night training requirements....)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You obviously know how to prepare for tests!
    Outstanding work!
    Rx for the practical- a great night's sleep and a positive attitude go a long way!
    I have no doubt you'll do as well as you did on the written!
    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, between you and ifr pilot I am so not posting my Commercial written score when I take it.

    Congrats on a great score!

    ReplyDelete
  7. C'mon, Paul, you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A 97, huh? Doesn't surprise us! I remember our girl was in high school and responded to a question about why she gets such good grades with "I got a B once and I didn't like it." It was not her last B, though. She only graduated magna cum laude from engineering school.

    Yes, we're proud of you.

    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete