Friday, January 05, 2007

Das Logbuch

Chuck needed to get caught up on flight school records for my solo time and requested copies of my logbook pages. Scanned 'em, may as well post 'em too!

I remember standing next to our cars after those first few flights and watching Chuck fill in my entries. I certainly had perma-grin then! I had flown! And then more grins when I got to start filling out everything but the comments. And then more grins when I got to fill in the whole thing all by myself!

That's my medical/student license peeking out of the top left. It's clipped to the front page...

Errr, I better double-check all those sums, now that they're out there to publicly disgrace me (if wrong)!

2 comments:

  1. One trick that I picked up from somewhere is to put an "N" next to any takeoffs or landings that were done at night. Makes it easier to track night currency. And gives a reason for you to have separate columns for takeoffs and landings. After all, we usually want the number of takeoffs to equal the number of landings (putting aside issues of time building).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use logshare.com to manage my logbook and keep the true tally of my flight time. Seems like every time I put totals on a page I get them wrong :(

    Btw, if you plan to use an electronic logbook some time, I'd say get it started now before its just too painful to go back and enter all the data.

    Somewhat like ifr said, I write my night landings as a 'superscripted' number in the landings column so I know which were day and which were night. Hmm... I don't differentiate between takeoffs and landings though.

    ReplyDelete