Wednesday, October 18, 2006

JEP FI-6/7: Landings, slip intro, practice

Not much time to write tonight since Husband and I are celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary (which was actually Monday but was inconvenient for celebrating!)...

Today's double-lesson was pretty good. Lots of landing practice, including 3 landings at Wakefield (AKQ), two landings at Franklin (FKN), two go-arounds after demo forward slips at FKN and a landing back at JGG. I did all but one of the landings unassisted, and have a new item to work on: track the centerline while landing!

Sound familiar? To paraphrase myself from previous posts...

"I need to work on keeping to the lines when taxiing." And when that got better, it became...

"I need to work on tracking the centerline during takeoff." That improved and then it was...

"I need to work on tracking the extended centerline after takeoff." Now that's pretty good soooooo....

It's time to work on the same thing on the final stretch of any flight.

My reactions were pretty good during the final approaches and flares, including instinctively powering up a tad when we were going to be short on one landing and nosing down a tad to counter a premature flare and then flaring again at the appropriate height above the runway.

Getting there... 4pm tomorrow for more landings, landings, landings and then maybe the solo on Friday! Husband wants to be at the airport when I do my first solo, so I'll be flying for an audience!

No comments:

Post a Comment