Monday, September 18, 2006

CFI Search over!

My instructor will be Chuck Whitechurch and my first lesson (weather permitting) is Wednesday at 7 am (backup time of 4 pm)! Chuck is clear and direct, amiable and attentive. The conversation was structured, and the lessons will be structured: pre (talk about what we're going to do), actual (do it!), post (talk about what we did).

The only drawback so far is that there's not a clear plan for ground instruction. The flight school is close to having that worked out, but it's not finalized. Chuck identified alternatives, but suggests waiting a bit before looking into them. Ground and flight instruction are independent for a while, so we can start working towards the solo.

Wednesday: We'll do a thorough, explanatory run through of basic operations of 388: pre-flight (using Husband's checklists), start it up, go for a short flight, land, and post-flight/shut-down/not-sure-what-this-phase-is-officially-called-yet.

I purchased my Jeppesen GFD student pilot package and.....

...drum roll please...

put my name in my very first logbook! That was much more exciting than I would have imagined! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment