Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Anticipation becomes Anxiety

The answer to the previous post: no, no I will not be able to sleep tonight.

:(

Despite going to bed at a normal time, I've just been too excited to fall asleep and my mind won't stop pre-flighting. Nothing is working, not counting down, not muscle tense/relax cycles, not a stern self-talking-to, ... I actually almost fell asleep thinking about some programming I did at work on Tuesday, which is odd because that usually keeps me up, but then I realized I was almost asleep and snapped awake.

Now that it's after 3 am, though, the feeling has changed to anxiety. Even if I was to fall asleep now, the alarm will go off in less than 3 hours. I expect that this precludes me doing any of the flying in a few hours. And at that the feeling changes to disappointment.

The first flight lesson is preflight, demonstration of basic maneuvers, and postflight. Maybe I wouldn't have gotten to do any flying anyway, and maybe the whole lesson doesn't have to be cancelled. But I am terribly disappointed right now to know that I'll be showing up at 7 am for my very first flight lesson in such a sub-par state.

No comments:

Post a Comment