Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The easiest hours

I know, I know, I still owe you details about the checkride and I'm working on it! Here's a teaser... the METAR when I showed up at the airport Saturday morning; needless to say, it was a tense hour of go/don't-go fretting leading up to the scheduled departure time:
KJGG 241401Z AUTO 33015G22KT 10SM CLR 02/M16 A3027 RMK AO1

This morning Husband and I went up for the easiest 1.4 hours I could possibly get -- as his safety pilot! :) And so it begins! He did a good job. We did the VOR 9 and VOR 27 approaches with holds and all that down at Franklin (FKN), then a VOR check just west of AKQ at the WAIKS intersection, then the HCM VOR approach to JGG for a very well-executed circle-to-land on 13. Husband is good. :)

As a completely off-topic side note, a warning: I'm trying to resolve some identity theft issues right now and one thing the bastard(s) did was to open a Macy's credit card. Ok, fine. I saw it on my credit report as "MACYDSNB", called them up and they closed it. Today I was giving ye olde credit reports another perusal, and a new account with the same institution information appeared as "VISDSNB." I figured another credit card had been opened, but it turns out that Macy's is just a shady creditor. When they open a store account, they also automatically open a VISA account with a $10,000 credit limit and tie it to the same card so their store card can be used at any retailer that takes VISA. No consumer approval or application required (not that I applied for the Macy's card to begin with!). Shady. So I called them again and verified that the Macy's account was closed and asked that this account also be closed. They complied, but that just seems so wrong. Be advised...

2 comments:

  1. hmm... that is definitely not good form for Macys to do.

    I had an identity theft a year ago where someone had managed to change my mailing address without my consent, and then max'd it out. When I found out about the charge I called Bank of America and because I couldn't give them my "current" address they were very unpleasant. I told them to close the account but they wouldn't because they couldn't verify me. However, they would suspend it because they couldn't verify me :)

    It all got worked out but they refused to answer my questions as to how my address got changed without my permission. Needless to say I do not do any biz with B of A anymore - which is a shame because they know run the AOPA card.

    Anyway, get to that checkride report! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! I know this post is a few months old but I googled the VISDSNB to find out what the heck that was on my credit report and found you!! And now I will continue my ever fighting with the lovey store of Macys in regards to their sneaky ways...

    ReplyDelete