Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Testing, testing.... Is this thing on?

Guess what!?!?!!!!!  The little one just started preschool, which gives me three mornings each week of free time!  You know what I'm going to do?

Massages every day.

Ha!  That would be the life!  But no, I have loftier goals indeed.  I have already contacted the local flight school and am awaiting a callback from an instructor.  I spent this morning at the library poring over my old "Guided Flight Discovery" books to refresh my brain before wasting the instructor's time.  I got my third-class medical a year ago or so in preparation for the eventuality of training again.

AWAY WE GO!

I did pause to think that my books are outdated -- no mentions of ForeFlight!  :)  Well, they do predate the iPad...  Hopefully the basics like carburetor icing and Vx and Vy and coordinated turns and radio etiquette haven't changed too much!

Why the break, you ask?  I took my private pilot checkride in 2007 when I was pregnant with my first son.  Adjusting to parenthood was pretty exhausting, then we moved, then we had our second son.  However, now that we have a first-grader and a preschooler, my stay-at-home-mom hours are dwindling and it's time to shake the dust off my wings!

The next few weeks of blog posts will probably be a crash-course in aviating as I dig my memories from the juice-stained and toy-cluttered caverns of my mind.

Want to come along for the ride?